DIPPED01.

So I got into a car accident last weekend. Like a real deal, thank God I’m alive and walked away kind of wreck. Well, in the not so fun aftermath of the crash, I was left with two horrible shiners. My eyes were swollen shut and I could not been seen in public looking that way. Not me. Soooooo…in my never-ending quest for fashionable solutions, I took this opportunity to explore new shades. What would work for me? Now, you don’t need to get into a late night wreck to consider this question for yourself: It’s summertime in the city, what locs are YOU gonna pick?


Visit my favorite Chicago destinations --not only will they have a variety of styles, colors, and lenses, but the staff will get you right:

1142 N. Milwaukee Ave.
773.278.7130

Get the look you need at a price you likey.

3350 N. Lincoln
773.477.2670

This unique spec boutique even offers prescription sunglasses for the hardcore frame junkies like me.

For shopping online, you cannot beat Nordstrom’s Sunglass Shop. You can shop by face shape, style, price, brand…and if you still can’t find what you want for the price you desire, just use it as a fashion resource and find that look at a low-budget spot. Who wants to lose (or sit on) a $250 pair of shades? If you DO want to ball out, go the Chrome Hearts route. They give you luxury, making delicate use of wood, metal and fine details that definitely show you dropped a grip on em.


LIFE IS LONG…SPEND IT ON TREND…OR BETTER YET, START YOUR OWN.

WORDS: DANA